Custom Printed Magnets - Artwork Guidelines
All jobs require vector or raster artwork.
- Vector artwork is preferred
- If raster artwork is the only art available
600dpi is required for best results.
Software and/or File Format
- Illustrator (CS4) .ai
- InDesign (CS4) .indd
- Photoshop (CS4) .psd
(.psd is raster artwork)
- .tif (if raster is acceptable, see above)
- .pdf (fonts must be converted)
Vector Artwork is required to avoid additional charges and additional time...
- Artwork must be submitted at actual size of finished product.
- All fonts must be converted to outlines/paths.
- All placed/linked images must be embedded or included separately.
- All images must include the required bleed if necessary.
- A color copy or jpg indicating cut should be submitted for reference.
- Cut/Die line should always be clearly indicated with an unused spot color.
Methods for Submitting Artwork
Preferred: Email and/or Website (contact customer service for details), CD-R/RW
- Include a jpg or PDF for reference
- Convert all fonts to paths/outlines
- Include or embed all placed images
- Submit artwork at actual size
- Identify all spot colors6. Allow for bleed if necessary
- Allow for bleed if necessary
- Submit the original file if possible
- Never flatten/merge the layers of a .psd
- Indicate the cut/die line clearly
- Verify art meets all Artwork Guidelines
Note that bleed borders must meet or exceed our minimum cut margin.